Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meet Me...


Ok, I owe you a formal introduction, right? Right. I'm Sakinah. I'm a relatively "young" (hey, you're as young as you feel, right?) new mom of one who lives in New York City, Brooklyn to be exact. I've been working for the SAME not-for-profit for EIGHT YEARS (as of August 2, which happens to be my son's 6 month b-day). Can I just state for the record that I have never been faithful to ANYTHING (nor ANYONE) for that long! I feel like I should say that I love skiing, hiking and jogging here, but I don't. Life hasn't exactly been a walk in the park for me, but I make the best of what I have and try not to complain too much. Although now that I'm doing this blog thing... *insert diabolical laugh here*

I don't think I've ever had the desire to start a blog. I have plenty of friends who have them, and I don't even subscribe (sorry friends). I've read blog posts before, but have never been truly dedicated to any one blog. I guess you can say I'm sort of a blog whore. But with the birth of my son in February, a strange thing happened. I now find myself thinking random, myriad thoughts at various points throughout the day. I just wished I could carry my journal around so that I could capture them all. Then, recently (a whole SIX months after I had my son BTW), I thought to myself... "Self, why not start one of those blog thingies?" And here I am! :)

So you'll find that we wind up back-tracking a bit from time to time, and other times there just might be random things here regarding the myriad things I think about on a daily basis. You'll find here my opinions, reviews, anecdotal baby stories and other randomosity that I deem appropriate to share along this journey called Motherhood. I will be pouring my heart, mind and sometimes soul into this thing. So with that said, buckle your seat belt and get ready for the ride.

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment