Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

No Rest for the Weary...

So Ethan and I have made it through the first six months. I think I've done a pretty good job! Not a scar, scab or scrape on him, and he's pretty healthy. A whopping 19 pounds! He's doing a ton of new things, he seems to change every day. His newest thing now is attempting to crawl. He wants to be mobile so bad, you can see it. He'll be moving around soon, so I need to get to the gym and lose some of this baby fat!

But the one new thing Ethan's doing that's not so cool is this: waking up FREQUENTLY at night after I've put him down. If I lie him down in his crib, he may sleep for all of an hour before he wakes himself up and starts crying. As if to say aloud "MOM! WHAT am I doing in HERE??!" I try putting the pacifier in his mouth, shhing, I even try rubbing his tummy. Nothing works with the exception of mommy's arms (and bed). He'll only sleep for long periods of time if he's in MY bed. While I love cuddling with him, I feel that during his sleepytime, he should be in his own bed (which is all of 3 feet away from mine!).

I think I'm going to try to tire him out for a little while before I put him down, and push back his down time a tad. Maybe that will make him tired enough to stay asleep! *sigh* stay tuned.

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment